This Jean Marcel Mystica is supposedly 100% Swiss made. It’s a solid timepiece with a great movement and a design that looks good with just about anything. Each Jean Marcel model is limited edition with only 300 made.
If the Mystica reviewed here is indeed 100% pure Swiss made then why didn’t the company opt for having it AOSC certified? According to Wikipedia:
The A.O.S.C. is Appellation d’Origine Suisse Certifiée, or Swiss Certified Label of Origin that guarantees that the watch is 100% made and assembled in Switzerland using a case, movement, dial and hands manufactured in Switzerland.
Overall, 100% Swiss or not, this watch is a great buy and should be considered. Watch Flipr is a little bit skeptical of the case being entirely Swiss, but even if it is, the strap and clasp are the biggest question marks. If Jean Marcel found a way to produce limited edition watches entirely in Switzerland, the watch company has a lot to teach the other “51% Swiss” brands we all spend thousands more on.
- Reference number 160.240.52
- Limited Edition to 300 worldwide
- Swiss made automatic caliber JM A05 modified caliber ETA 2824-2
- 44mm stainless steel case at 11mm tall
- Ivory colored dial with Guilloche pattern and date window at the 4
- Sapphire crystal
- Leather strap with push button deployment
- Water resistant up to 100 meters